Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Embroidery Hoop Wall Art

Besides dolls, I've been trying my hand at embroidery (with varying degrees of stitch work), both as part of a grander quilt and also as singular pieces for wall art.
On a side note, I can't believe I went so long sewing without using embroidery hoops! I probably could have saved myself a lot of hand cramps, the last 3 months alone have been much aided by using these primitive wooden circles.

In any case, here are the pieces:

This is really about as Valentinesy as I get,

The butterfly is a salvaged scarf remnant that was then re-sewn onto off white silk and beaded,


Some of you would recognize the bunny under the tree, it was the first work example and is a little cleaned up now,


This one is two love birds in a tree, "Tying the Knot",


I got such a positive reception from my spider placed on my other branch piece,  I decided to make a dedicated hoop-framed spider- branch piece. This one is a nice oval shape,


This is actually the cotton spider I had up in my Etsy store, I took down the listing and decided to put it in a permanent home. The silk spider I am still reserving for my own uses.
It almost looks happier,

No comments:

Post a Comment